Tuesday, October 14, 2014

{ice cream soup}

I accidentally made strawberry pineapple coconut ice cream this morning. It was supposed to be a smoothie, but when I tried to pour it out of the blender, it was exactly the consistency of ice cream and had to be served and eaten with a spoon.

Also, I accidentally made enough to feed maybe eight people, even though I was the only one around.

Two very happy accidents.

But then I accidentally stored the leftovers in the fridge instead of the freezer, and it's not ice cream anymore. It's not even a smoothie. It's soup. Strawberry pineapple coconut soup. A less happy accident, because consistency and texture matter.

Anyway, that is why tonight finds me curled up in a ball on the couch under a blanket in the dark eating fruit soup and pressing an ice pack against the side of my face.

(The ice pack has less to do with the fruit soup and more to do with the fact that I fell off a balcony and landed on my face, like, ten years ago, and now have killer TMD which flares up every once in a while and makes it difficult to even smile, let alone eat or talk. My dentist wants to fix it, but he also wants to charge me thousands and thousands of dollars to do it, so...here I am. With my ice pack that I got at the Dollar Store, thank you very much, Dr. Brough.) 

2 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Sometimes I just wish I could sit in the dark eating fruit soup with you. You make me see things differently!

Suzy Krause said...

I'd love that! Get your butt up here.