Tuesday, September 30, 2014

{today sucked}


I dropped a steak knife on my big toe today. It sliced right through the toenail and stuck into me and I bled onto the floor. It hurt so much that I didn't feel anything at all for a solid minute. And then I felt it.

I still feel it. 

It happened right before I went to the grocery store and realized (after all of my food was rung up and bagged) that my debit card was not in my wallet. Which would've been fine except that Sobeys has this rule that you can't take the food out of the store without paying for it first.

I thought to myself: I need a nap. I will nap when Sullivan naps this afternoon.

And Sullivan thought to himself: I'm not going to take a nap this afternoon. 

This is most likely what they meant when they said that when it rains it pours. And, hey, that just so happens to be the perfect metaphor for today because on my way from the grocery store to the car, the skies opened up and drenched me with the fury of a thousand Super Soaker water guns.

I know it's only 8:45 pm, but I'm going to crawl into bed, watch the entire first season of Family Matters and eat cookies. 

18 comments:

Caitlin said...

I feel you, friend. Rough day all around. Hoping today is better. <3

Ashlee said...

Boo. His mercies are new every morning. Praying today is better for you, friend. Also: one should not be handling steak knives while sleep deprived. Maybe you should stick to butter knives for now.

Sarah said...

Oh no! I hope today's much, much better.

Jen Glen said...

I don't love that you had a totally sucky day, or that you injured yourself or got drenched (that would have made me so grumpy!) but I do love this post. It's okay for days to suck.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry mama - those no good horrible very bad days are the worst!! But at least there is Netflix and bed at the end of each of them : )

stephanie clara said...

Your nails are crazy cool though.
That must count for something.
No?

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I were there to bake you cookies. Be sure to take it easy on the foot and here is to a better tomorrow.

callie said...

DOOOD. I'm so glad you didn't cut off your whole foot at least. Still that sounds really really painful and also scary. Plus, the grocery store thing is THE WORST! Ahhh. Start afresh today and I hope it goes much better. :)

larisaa said...

OOOOH. OWE. I'm so sorry this happened to you. When I think of painful things my feet hurt. Which is kind of fitting since your foot hurts. I (sort of) feel your pain. =[

Suzy Krause said...

if i remember correctly, and i'm thinking i do, the next day was MUCH better. no injuries, at least. which is always a plus. :)

Suzy Krause said...

ah, words to live by! butter knives it is. :)

Suzy Krause said...

every day that i don't drop a steak knife on my toe is better. although i am starting to worry that i might lose the nail... are you happy to know that?1

Suzy Krause said...

it totally is! i can't help but laugh when another thing happens. it's like, "this sucks...but in a funny way."

Suzy Krause said...

and thank goodness for that! crawling into bed at the end of a day like that is just THE BEST EVER.

Suzy Krause said...

why thank you! i'm thinking yes. that counts for SOMETHING. ;)

Suzy Krause said...

I WOULD LOVE COOKIES. how long will it take you to get here?

Suzy Krause said...

ew. can you imagine?
ewwwwwwww.

Suzy Krause said...

haha i know what you mean. when i picture this, even though it happened to me, i feel like i'm a lot more grossed out than i actually was when it happened.